Wednesday, September 3, 2008

who's your favorite now?

Like every other girl in my age group, I was *IN LOVE-UH* with the New Kids on the Block. Completely obsessed, bought all my Teen magazines, posters all over my room, just all out pre-teen hormonaly crazy. So I saw this picture of New Kids 2008 on People magazine's website, and wow... they're lookin pretty good these days. I have to admit that back in the day, I was a Joe fan. Probably because he was the youngest and quite pretty (guess I had a pretty boy thing going on). Here is a classic picture of them from left: Joe, Jordan, Danny, Jonathan, Donnie. Must show love here for the satin backed vest that Jon is sporting.

Here we are in 2008 and at least in this picture, I think I'm favoring Danny, who I never would've found attractive before. They all look quite confused here, but guys typically do look confused. For those who don't know, they are from left: Donnie, Jonathan, Danny, Joe, Jordan. (Is Jordan wearing that same satin backed vest?)

So in 5th grade (for me anyway) when they were all the craze, it seemed that every girl had *her* favorite and if your friend had her favorite, you couldn't have the same favorite because you couldn't both marry the same one (no-duh!). So who was it then and who is it now? Oh, and did you have any of the big buttons? Those were all the craze, they were like the size of a paper plate and had a picture of your favorite Kid on it. I had one with Joe's picture of course.

7 equal yet different opinions:

Anonymous said...

OMFG!!! I loved these boys...but my parents were poor and I never got any of their memoribila (sp?)

I have not dared to listen to their new songs.....I have heard they were OK though...

Laura said...

their summertime song is really cool. I think if Kid Rock hadn't had his summertime song out first, the NKOTB one would have been way popular.

elliotts said...

what is is with NKOTB and 90210...did you watch last night...I had to hurry Marie along with the homework so I wouldn't miss a minute! ; )

FarAway said...

I used to dream of marrying Joey McIntyre. Now, not so much. But I still like the new songs. Better than I had expected - I've been annoying my co-workers all summer by having Summertime as my ringtone. I was planning to write about this too, but not until after I try to scare up a copy of the CD, though - according to the official mailing list (because, you know, I had to sign up the moment they announced it), it is now out in the US, but I don't know if the stores here have it yet. Perhaps I can use my phenomenal blogging power to get them to hit Taipei on an international tour. Boyz II Men did. :)

Knit Geek said...

Not sure why I feel the need to say this... but... I'm too OLD to ahve gone through this the first time. Now, if you'll excuse me, my walker needs oil and I need to change my Depends.

PUMPKIN PETUNIA said...

They are slightly after my time, but I stress, only *slightly.* ; )

I like Donnie now, didn't really have a preference then.

Knitty geek, can I borrow that oil for my walker?

Anonymous said...

I started out as a Donnie fan then towards the end I liked Jordan. They are still my 2 faves. Although, I admit that I only liked them because everyone else did. The only memorabilia I had was a small poster of the group that I bought with you at the Delaware state fair one year. And a Donnie pin that I found in the bathroom at school. Why do I remember this stuff?