Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Flylady

Please motivate me!

So I joined this yahoo group, because that's my current obsession. I joined a lot of groups actually, but this one is pretty awesome. It has like 19K members and it's called FlyLady. FlyLady even has her own radio show and all kinds of stuff. So what she does is she teaches you how to organize and declutter your house day by day. I read it every day and I'm hoping that one of these days I'll be motivated enough to actually do it. She says it all starts with keeping your kitchen sink empty and shiny. So I'm thinking maybe I'll start a load of dishes tonight and then tomorrow I'll keep my sink shiny. She said it then radiates out to the counters and throughout the house. Again, we'll see. I don't live in total squalar, but I could definately be neater than I am, flat surfaces in my home are the problem. The dining room table catches mail and whatever comes out of John's pockets (cue: 1970's horror movie scream). I'd love to hear if anyone else out there follows the FlyLady!

1 equal yet different opinions:

Knit Geek said...

Nope - but I'm totally checking her out. I don't believe the sink thing, either. I have piles of clutter in corners and closets but my sink is usually clean.