Sunday, September 7, 2008

A little table

Todd and Diane encouraged us last weekend to build a table to go with our adirondack chairs. John and I both agreed that we kinda wanted the chair to dictate how the table looked. Same lines, that sort of thing. As artsy-fartsy as that sounds. We've both become quite the furniture critics, we like the lines to be consistent on certain things. So I saw something that inspired me and I told John the gyst of it and Friday evening he had it sketched out and measurements made, yesterday I had my table. I wasn't quite happy with the feet so back to the drawing board on those this morning and now I have the table I am satisfied with. Yes, it does look a little bit like the mushroom from super mario, but I really like how the lines on the top go with the ottoman and the front of the chair. Just right for a glass of wine (or 2!)

3 equal yet different opinions:

Knit Geek said...

I can't help but imagine how nice that would look, with a couple matching chairs, in my backyard. *wink*

Anonymous said...

Love it. You two are creative and crafty!

PUMPKIN PETUNIA said...

Beautiful!! I will definitely check out the website when it's up and running.