Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Didja watch Oprah?

Let me start out by saying that scheduling my tivo from work worked wonderfuly. I got home and all my shows were there! Now when someone says: Have you watched this? I can just schedule it and watch it when I want ;o)

Anywho, there was a family on Oprah yesterday and they were all addicted to heroin. If you saw the show, I think you'll see where I'm coming from. They were actually kinda normal. I mean, the dad was a hardworking guy who was injured, got hooked on the prescription meds, lost his job because of the injury, couldn't afford the prescriptions and turned to heroin because it was cheaper. At this point they're all in a homeless shelter with no chance of getting rehabed because who's gonna pay for it? (Oprah did!) I just really think this sucks that we are such a money hungry society and people are so desperate to be out of pain that they turn to street drugs. I think being in pain changes people and they want to do anything they can to function normally. Now I'm not going to get into the rest of the family or the pregnant woman on the show who were all addicted. I'm just talking about the one guy. Can't you see where society has driven him to this?

1 equal yet different opinions:

Knit Geek said...

I didn't see it, but I have to agree with you on the society thing. It's all stuff-stuff-stuff and drugs-drugs-drugs. Bigger TVs, better houses, faster cars. Energetic kid? Drug him. Kinda sad? Drugs. Wanna quit smoking? Drugs. Can't sleep? Drugs. It really sucks when you think about it.