Sunday, April 13, 2008

senior thesis on life...

I'm kind of a deep thinker about certain things and lately it's been about teenagers and why sometimes they turn out the way they do. There's a lot of stereotypes I would use to describe todays teenagers: lazy, unmotivated, just to name a couple. There is a tremendous amount of drug use in this age group, I'm not saying it didn't happen when I was that age, but things are getting a lot scarier now. Mostly because of the synthetic drugs that are out there: meth, heroin... So, to kind of put this together, the lazy, worthless teenagers are turning to the same drugs we used in school, pot... but instead of it leading to finding a life within a few years, it's leading to coke, then acid, then meth, then heroin. Maybe not in that order, but you get the idea. Since I've been thinking about this so hard, I've been looking at the differences between people who I know who I would consider to have turned out *OK* and people who really haven't gotten too far in their lives, as well as people younger than me in both situations. Here's the difference: passion. The people who actually succeed in life, instead of staying worthless have a passion for something. It doesn't have to be anything as deep or as complicated as life or their job, it could be as simple as having a nice house or a nice car or their pets. Lots of people have a passion for helping others, these are also people who usually wind up not falling into the pit of worthlessness. So that's it, do yourself a favor if you have kids and your not worthless yourself, get them involved in something, keep searching until you find that thing...

0 equal yet different opinions: