Monday, April 7, 2008

7 years...

Tomorrow, April 8 will be 7 years since I lost my mom. That means I was 21 for you math whizzes out there. Of course I still think of her every day, fondly for the most part. It would be selfish of me to say that she left me too soon, she did, but it was definately her time. For that reason, I'm not one of those people that cries on peoples graves, whether or not I belive in an afterlife aside, I think that leaves for an unsettled soul when a loved one is constantly begging them to come back. I'm a little more realistic than that.

Sometimes I wish for her guidance, but I had 21 years of it, thats more than some people got. I assume at this point that I received all the guidence from her that I needed and that's why she was able to go.

A coworker asked this morning when I mentioned this anniversary that it probably feels like so long ago, but at the same time, yesterday. I can't honestly say that in any way it feels like yesterday. In fact, I feel like it was a completely different lifetime. I feel like a new person with a new life and new skin, not that person I was 7 years ago tomorrow.

0 equal yet different opinions: