Thursday, December 4, 2008

All ya had to do was ask...

DH is so wound up about wanting to make candles. We really had a good time making them last weekend and our house smells quite lovely. I've been holding off buying more soy though because I hate to keep buying it a pound at a time. However, the first major price break you get is with a case (50 lbs) and the shipping is really high. So this morning I decided to sit down for a few minutes and do some research and put it all in an excel spreadsheet. I feel like I've finally acomplished something now. I found the cheapest supplier with the best shipping price. Now I can go back to work.

4 equal yet different opinions:

Knit Geek said...

Can you make me a budget? One that lets me pay all my bills and still have money left for ciggies and wine?

Laura said...

I could... each time I try to do one for myself I get depressed and start drinking...

Carla said...

Several years ago, I made soy candles for my shop. I had very good luck with product and service from candlesupplydotcom. Their company is called Bitter Creek Candle Supply Inc. You may have already discovered them...

Laura said...

Thanks Carla! I have discovered them actually. They do have great products, I have several of their scents.