Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Giving back with coupons


Happy Leap day ya'll!!! Enjoy it this year, you'll have to wait a while for another one!

One of my new years resolutions was to continue to give back as much as I could. One of the best ways I've found to give back is to find useful stuff on sale, with a coupon and buy it for as cheap as possible to give as a donation. It costs me quite a bit of time, but very little money. Besides, I absolutely love the challenge! Not to mention the gratification of seeing it all come together as planned. Most recently I've been collecting consumables for womens shelters. I've gathered quite a bit of stuff for free including razors, chapstick, lotion, toothpaste and some nail care items. A friend of mine was doing a newspaper article about couponing for a cause and wanted to see some of the stuff I've gathered for this particular group. Here's about 1/3 of what I have so far. I'm so excited to finish this project and get these gifts to these ladies!

0 equal yet different opinions: