Tuesday, August 2, 2011

several month wrap up




just because i haven't blogged doesn't mean I haven't been doing anything, here is photograph wrap up!



First, when spring hit, we decided we needed to put a more tropical feel on our patio, so we put in some tropical (yet cold hardy) plants including banana tree, hyacinth, and bamboo. Topped off these beds with some red lava rock to complete the tropical look. These will be a constant work in progress as all flower beds are!



I've been unhappy with this space for quite some time. It was completely done in very dark paneling (circa 1983) and it's such an odd shaped space it was hard to do much with. I decided by lightening it up (hello 10 gallons of white paint!) it would at least make it feel roomier and we could go from there. Hubby had built a bar last year so he covered it with bamboo (free from our neighbor, it was headed to the chipper) and put a small thatch overhang to give it a tiki bar feel. The sailboard in the loft was free from freecycle, and the bar stools you see in the picture are now a yellow. I'm sure there will be more pictures of this space as we do some more decorating, but for now, I'm beyond thrilled with how it turned out!





Sometime after the 4th of July this little (and she WAS little) angel wandered up to a friends house. Me being the crazy cat lady that I am, I couldn't resist. I've never had a mostly white cat, let alone one with two different color eyes. How could anyone not love that face?!?!?




Lastly, I bought this very expensive closet organizing system at lowes about 6 months ago (on clearance of course!) and hadn't found time to get it together and in place. So this weekend i cleaned out my closet (woah!) and after some drywall work, convinced hubby to paint it pink and he got the shelves put together and in place for me. Now begins the task of putting it all back together! Shew!


0 equal yet different opinions: