Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Getting Better Each Week

I try not to be one of those people who has to go to every store that has a sale, I just don't have the time or energy for that. Last weekend I hit Walgreens, because they had vinegar for .99 and I had a .50 coupon, 2 actually, and $9 in RR to use. Picked up a few other things and wound up spending a whopping $6, and saving close to $30.

Next was Target. I wanted to take advantage of some of the Hasboro toy specials they have going on right now. I'm very unfamiliar with ANY toy section, and I got frustrated, so I'll probably try again this week, and eventually I will get familar with it. French's mustard was .99 there, and I had a coupon for $1 off 2, and in their travel section they have visine for 1.97 and I had a ton of $2 coupons. Got close to 10 of those, and a couple deodorants that I had coupons for without size limitations. I think those visine will probably make a great donation item to our local state hospital, this is where I've been giving any toiletry items recently.

Next was Acme, I was more pleased than I expected to be, I spent $60 and saved close to $130. I was nervous because there were some unexpected sales that i took advantage of and I bought a few things i didn't have coupons for (gasp!) but either way, I was pleased, and my regular cashier was cheering me on, so I called it a good day :-)

0 equal yet different opinions: